Dear Seller by creating a seller account on Wooden Twist marketplace you have accepted below terms & conditions.
The use of the Platform is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Platform. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a seller on the Platform, transact or use the Platform. Wooden Twist reserves the right to terminate your registration and/or refuse you access to the Platform if it is brought to Wooden Twist’s notice or discovered that you are under the age of 18 years. If you register as a business entity, you represent that you are duly authorized by the business entity to accept the ToU and you have the authority to bind the business entity to the ToU.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
In the course of your use of the Platform, you agree to furnish your details and information as requested by us from time to time. You shall remain responsible for maintaining confidentiality of this information, as well as your display name, login and password details. You agree that if you provide any information which is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the ToU, we shall have the right to suspend or terminate your account on the Platform or indefinitely block you from accessing the Platform.
Seller Account Deactivation:
As per our policy, if a seller requests for a closure of the account, the account will be put on hold for a period of 90 days to ensure smooth closure of transactions which have been made prior to his closure request and this will be available to the said seller for downloading payment and taxation reports, if required. After 90 days, the seller would be required to reach out to us confirming that he has downloaded the reports and requesting for a deactivation again. Upon receiving this confirmation, the seller’s account will be deactivated provided there are no outstanding payments due from the seller, with certain information being retained by Wooden Twist at all times, such as registered mobile number, registered email ID, GSTIN and other transaction related information. Such information is being retained for audit purposes and to prevent fraudulent acts by the sellers in the future. If a seller decides to commence his business with Wooden Twist again, he/she will not be able to create a new account but the older account can be restored if it is required.
When you use the Platform or send emails, other data, information, or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically or as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Platform is a platform that users utilize to independently meet and interact with one another for their transactions. Wooden Twist is not and cannot be a party to any transaction or dispute between users on the Platform.
1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and buyers alone. The commercial/contractual terms include (without limitation) price, shipping costs, payment methods and terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, and warranties and after-sales services related to products and services.Wooden Twist does not determine, advice, have any control, or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between you and buyers.
2. Wooden Twist does not make any representations or warranties regarding specifics (such as quality, value, and salebility) of the products or services proposed to be sold, offered to be sold or purchased on the Platform. Wooden Twist does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products and services on the Platform. Wooden Twist accepts no liability for any errors or omissions of third parties in relation to the products and services.
3. Wooden Twist is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract between you and buyers. Wooden Twist cannot and does not guarantee that you and buyers concerned will perform transaction(s) concluded on the Platform. Wooden Twist shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve disputes or disagreements between you and buyers.
4. Wooden Twist does not make any representations or warranties regarding item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular buyer you choose to deal with on the Platform and use your best judgment in that regard.
5. Wooden Twist does not at any point in time during a transaction between you and a buyer on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by you, gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by you to the buyer.
6. At no time shall Wooden Twist hold any right/title to or interest in the items nor have any obligations or liabilities with respect to such a contract. Wooden Twist is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services, damages, or delays as a result of items which are out of stock, unavailable, or back-ordered.
7. The Platform is only a platform that can be utilized by you to reach a larger customer base to sell items or services. Wooden Twist only provides a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between you and the buyer.
8. You release and indemnify Wooden Twist and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the users on the Platform and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts on that behalf, Wooden Twist cannot control the information provided by other users which is made available on the Platform. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Platform. Please note that there may be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
Use of the Platform
You agree and understand that Wooden Twist and the Platform merely provide hosting services to its registered users and persons browsing/visiting the Platform. All items advertised / listed and the contents therein are advertised and listed by registered users and are third party user generated contents. Wooden Twist shall bear no responsibility or liability in relation to or arising out of third party user generated content. Wooden Twist neither originates nor initiates the transmission nor selects the sender and receiver of the transmission nor selects nor modifies the information contained in the transmission. Wooden Twist is merely an intermediary and does not interfere in the transaction between buyers and sellers.
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information or image which:
(a) belongs to another person and over which you have no right;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, bigotry, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever, or unlawfully threatening or harassing, including but not limited to ‘indecent representation of women’ within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(c) is false, inaccurate or misleading in any way;
(d) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(e) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(f) involves the transmission of ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, unsolicited mass mailing, or ‘spamming’; including spamming by ways of unrelated feedbacks on surveys
(g) promotes illegal activity or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
(h) infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address, or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(i) promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material) such as providing pirated computer programs or links, information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(j) contains restricted or password-only access pages, hidden pages or images or URLs leading to any other pages (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(k) provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(l) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses;
(m) contains unauthorized videos, photographs or images of another person (whether a minor or an adult);
(n) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Platform, profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend requests, or other areas of the Platform, or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users on the Platform;
(o) engages in commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of ‘virtual’ items related to the Platform without our prior written consent.
Throughout the ToU, Wooden Twist's prior written consent means a communication coming from Wooden Twist's Legal Department in response to your request and specifically addressing the activities or conduct for which you have sought authorization;
(p) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, at our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
(q) interferes with another’s use and enjoyment of the Platform;
(r) refers to any website/URL which, at our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the Platform or any other website and content that is prohibited or violates the letter and spirit of ToU;
(s) harms minors in any way;
(t) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, proprietary rights, third-party’s trade secrets, rights of publicity, or privacy, is fraudulent, or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
(u) violates any law for the time being in force;
(v) deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(w) impersonates another person;
(x) contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
(y) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation; offends the religious and national sentiments of the nation as included in ‘Zero Tolerance to Profanity, Hurting National and Religious Sentiments’ policy.
(z) shall, directly or indirectly, offer or attempt to offer trade or attempt to trade in any item which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
(aa) shall create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our Internet Service Provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers.
2. You shall not use any ‘deep-link’, ‘page-scrape’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’, automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy, monitor any portion of the Platform or content or in any way reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure, presentation of the Platform, or any content to obtain or attempt to obtain any material, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve our right to bar any such activities.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Platform, other systems, networks connected to the Platform, server, computer, network, or the services offered on or through the Platform by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform or breach the security, authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace information on any other user of or visitor to Platform (including any account on the Platform that is not owned by you) or to its source or exploit the Platform, any service, information made available, or offered by or through the Platform in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information (including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information) provided by the Platform.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating, or defamatory statement(s)/comment(s) about us, the brand name or domain name used by us, including the terms Wooden Twist, Wooden Twist, Woodentwist.com or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation of Wooden Twist or sellers on the platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Wooden Twist trademark, service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade, service marks or trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Platform or Wooden Twist's systems, networks, or any systems or networks connected to Wooden Twist.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform, any transaction being conducted on the Platform or any other person’s use of the Platform.
7. You shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message, transmittal you send to us on or through the Platform, or any service offered on or through the Platform. You may not pretend that you are or represent someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity.
8. You may not use the Platform or any content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the ToU or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of Wooden Twist and/or others.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and the other rules thereunder as applicable and amended from time to time and also all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, Central Goods and Services Tax Act, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), relevant State Goods and Services Tax Act or Union Territories Goods and Services Tax Act and Custom Duty, Local Levies as may be applicable) and obtain the necessary licences and permits regarding your use of our Platform, service and/or tools and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force. In particular you shall ensure that if any of your items listed on the Platform qualifies as an "Antiquity" or "Art treasure" as defined in the Act ("Artwork"), you shall indicate that such Artwork is "non-exportable" and sold subject to the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972, and shall ensure that it is not delivered to any buyer at any place outside India.
10. You shall strictly comply with the OFAC Regulations and Other Applicable Sanctions Regulations as may be amended from time to time.
11. Solely to enable us to use the information you provide us with and so that we do not violate any rights you might have in your information, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple-tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity or database rights or any other rights you have in your information for any current or future promotional or advertising related activities and any business purposes of Wooden Twist.
12. From time to time you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other users on the Platform in any manner.
13. You shall not engage in advertising or solicitation of other sellers on the Platform to buy or sell any products or services, including but not limited to products or services related to what is displayed on the Platform. You may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users acquired/via the Platform. It shall be a violation of the ToU to use any information obtained from the Platform in order to harass, abuse, or harm others or contact, advertise and sell to or solicit persons other than those who have chosen to buy from you. You understand that we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons who have provided information or material on the Platform) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with the investigation of an alleged illegal activity or its solicitation and/or response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorized us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, at our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the material posted on the Platform. Wooden Twist shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any content that violates or is alleged to violate any applicable law or either the spirit or letter of the ToU. Notwithstanding this right, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIAL YOU POST ON THE WEBSITE AND YOUR INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BUYERS AND OTHER SELLERS, REGARDLESS OF FORM. Please be advised that such content posted does not reflect Wooden Twist's views. In no event shall Wooden Twist assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content posted on the Platform or claims, damages, or losses resulting from its use and/or appearance of it on the Platform. You hereby represent and warrant that you have necessary rights to all the content you provide and all information it contains and that such content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any misleading, libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
14. Your correspondence or business dealings with or participation in the promotion of advertisers on or through the Platform (including payment and delivery of related products or services, any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertisers. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such dealings or the presence of such advertisers on the Platform.
15. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized persons or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene material on the Platform and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such material. It is also possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Platform and use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform.
16. Wooden Twist shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group(s) of people, intentionally or unintentionally, in DoS (denial of service) / DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
17. Wooden Twist and/or its affiliates may from time to time in partnership/association with its partners and/or third-party sponsors, organise/enable promotional campaigns on the Platform for the benefits of the customers/Sellers. Partners/third party sponsors may prescribe certain objective qualifying criteria to identify Sellers who will be eligible for the benefits of the campaign. All Sellers who qualify based on the objective criteria provided by such sponsors of the campaign will be auto opted-in and be able to obtain the benefits of such promotional campaign. In the event any Seller does not qualify based on the objective criteria, Sellers may choose to participate in such campaigns by expressly opting-in for them. In the event a Seller opts in for such promotional campaigns that they are not eligible for to enhance their sales, they will have to bear the cost of such promotional campaigns, if any, limited to the sales of their products. For avoidance of any doubt, some Sellers may qualify, and some may not, based on the qualifying criteria set for each individual campaign. Please refer to the campaign communication/notifications for more details, as may be communicated to you from time to time.
As a registered seller, you shall list item(s) for sale on the Platform in accordance with the policies which are incorporated by way of reference in this ToU. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Platform and must have all the necessary licences and permits required for such sale. You must ensure that the listed items do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures or videos that describe your item for sale. All items must be listed in an appropriate category on the Platform. All listed items must be kept in stock for successful fulfilment of sales. The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe the actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amount that you may have received from the buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Platform. Wooden Twist reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories. Wooden Twist reserves the right to restrict the selling of products originating from certain countries.
For Food and Nutrition category, seller shall adhere to the minimum balance shelf life norms as provided at the link here
Compliance on selling of goods/services
You shall also ensure full compliance with the provisions of Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST), Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST) or State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) in respect of the goods/services supplied by you.
It is your responsibility to charge appropriate goods and services taxes on the supplies effected and remittance of the same to the Government. Wooden Twist shall not be responsible for any deficiency and/ or omission on your part.
Pursuant to the tax collection at source provisions under IGST, CGST and/UTGST or SGST, the portal would collect tax collection at source at applicable rates on net value of taxable supplies made through the portal and remit to the appropriate Government.
In case of any mismatches on account of tax collection at source, you shall be required to provide all relevant information to Wooden Twist to correspond with the relevant authorities and also in case of any liability accruing on account of omission shall be your obligation to pay such deficit.
You shall be required to provide the corresponding Harmonised System Nomenclature (HSN) code number for every product listing . In the event that you do not provide the HSN code number that particular product will be delisted and you will no longer be able to sell the product on our platform.
You shall also be required to provide your GSTIN , without which we will not be able to raise an invoice on you. In the event that you do not provide your GSTIN number, transactions on your account will be blocked and orders will not be processed on your account. In the event of you providing your Input Service Distributor Registration Number, Wooden Twist would be issuing an invoice to the ISD GST registration number as furnished by you. It is your responsibility to undertake the necessary compliance required in respect of the said ISD registration number.
You agree and undertake that You shall not, at any time, purchase more than 25% of your inventory (in terms of annualised value in a financial year), purported to be sold on the Platform, from Wooden Twist or its Group Companies. Group Company shall have the meaning as per the extant Foreign Direct Investment Policy of India. We may require you to provide certification (including auditors certificate) to confirm compliance with this requirement.
Content Posted on the Platform
All text, graphics, seller interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork, notes, messages, emails, billboard postings, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files, other material or information (collectively ‘Content’) are third-party generated Content and Wooden Twist has no responsibility or liability over such third-party generated Content as Wooden Twist is merely an intermediary for the purposes of this ToU. Except as expressly provided in the ToU, no part of the Platform including the Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including ‘mirroring’) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication, distribution or any commercial enterprise without Wooden Twist's prior written consent.
You may use the information on the products and services made available on the Platform for downloading provided you:
(1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such Content;
(2) use such Content only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it to any media;
(3) make no modifications to any Content; and
(4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to the Content.
1. Transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between sellers and buyers and the payment facility is merely used by sellers and buyers to facilitate the completion of transactions. Use of the payment facility shall not render Wooden Twist liable or responsible for non–delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after-sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and/or services listed on the Platform.
2. You have specifically authorized Wooden Twist or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate, and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically or through cash on delivery (CoD) to and from buyers in respect of transactions through payment facility. Your relationship with Wooden Twist is on a principal to principal basis and by accepting the ToU, you agree that Wooden Twist is an independent contractor for all purposes and does not have control of or liability for the products or services that are listed on the Platform and paid for by using the payment facility. Wooden Twist does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that a buyer or a seller will complete a transaction.
3. You understand, accept, and agree that the payment facility provided by Wooden Twist is neither a banking nor financial service, but merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment facility for receiving payment, or cash on delivery (CoD) payment, collection and remittance for transactions on the Platform using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway (PG) network. Further, by providing payment facility, Wooden Twist neither acts as a trustee nor fiduciary with respect to transaction or transaction price.
It is hereby clarified that cash on delivery (COD) option may not be available for select products or categories, at Wooden Twist's sole discretion.
4. All online bank transfers from valid bank accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective issuing bank that supports payment facility to provide these services to the users. All such online bank transfers on payment facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between a seller buyer and the respective issuing bank.
Dispatch of products and/or services 1. You, as a seller, shall be required to dispatch the products and/or services for every transaction to the buyer within the time period as provided in the TOU to ensure that the products and/or services are delivered in a timely manner. Further, you will solely be responsible for undertaking transit insurance for products sold by You on the Platform. For avoidance of doubt, Wooden Twist will not be responsible for undertaking any insurance(s) for products sold by sellers on the Platform
2. Seller shall provide dispatch details and details of after-sales services related to products and services listed by it on the Platform to Wooden Twist in such a manner and within a time period as provided in the policies, failing which the transaction shall stand cancelled. In case of order cancellation due to delay in shipping by seller there will be 100% penalty of order amount to the seller and 10% penalty in case of late shipment by seller.
3. Seller shall dispatch the products and/or services using only an approved delivery channel which provides appropriate ‘proof of dispatch’ & ‘proof of delivery’ (PoDs) documentation. Such PoD documentation relating to delivery should be maintained by a seller for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of dispatch. The PoDs should be furnished to Wooden Twist on demand within the time frame as notified from time to time.
4. Seller agrees that the dispatch details shall be true, correct, and duly authorized and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorized, illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts.
5. In case a seller fails to provide dispatch details or provides dispatch details not complying with policies, it shall result in consequences as more specifically stated in the TOU and may lead to suspension and/or termination of seller account.
6. Seller agrees that the transaction price paid by a buyer will be remitted to a seller’s bank account contingent upon the following events:
a) Buyer confirms the delivery of products and/or services in the transaction;
b) Buyer does not take any action on payment facility to confirm delivery within such a time period as provided in the policies despite confirmation of dispatch of products and/or services by a seller to the buyer;
c) Buyer’s refund claim is rejected by Wooden Twist due to any breach of the ToU, policies, and any applicable law;
Once the transaction is completed by the Seller, the remittance to seller shall be made in accordance with RBI Intermediary Guidelines.
7. You are required to route all shipments/consignments through the Logistic Partner, unless otherwise specified. ‘Logistic Partner’ shall mean a logistic service provider as approved by Wooden Twist.
Prepaid Payment Instruments
Wooden Twist may, either itself or through third-party service providers, offer prepaid instruments as a payment option for transactions on the Platform to users. Any purchases by buyers on the Platform using the prepaid instruments shall be governed by the following terms and conditions:
Such prepaid instruments may be used to make payments for the products and/or services purchased on the Platform
Such prepaid instruments can be redeemed by buyers by selecting the payment mode as may be provided on the Platform.
Such prepaid instruments cannot be used to purchase other prepaid instruments or gift vouchers.
If the order value exceeds the amount of such prepaid instruments, the balance must be paid by the respective buyer via Credit Card/Debit Card /Internet Banking. COD shall not be available as payment option for such transactions.
If the order value is less than the amount of such prepaid instruments, the outstanding balance (after deduction of order value) will reflect as credit balance for such prepaid instruments.
Prepaid instruments and any unused balance of such prepaid instruments shall expire 1 year from the date of their issue.
Prepaid instruments cannot be redeemed for cash.
Wooden Twist is not responsible if prepaid instruments are lost, stolen, or used without permission.
Buyers can combine and use a maximum of 3 prepaid instruments per order. They can be combined with promotional codes.
Purchases of prepaid instruments are not eligible for cashback offers.
All sellers on the Platform will accept this prepaid instrument as a payment instrument.
Wooden Twist will make payments to sellers whose products and/or services have been purchased by buyers redeeming electronic gift vouchers (EGV) as per the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India from time to time.
Registration on the Platform is free. Wooden Twist does not charge any fee for browsing/registering on the Platform. However, before you list a product or service for sale through the Platform, we request you to review our fee policy, which is hereby incorporated by reference into this ToU. Wooden Twist reserves the right to change its fee policy from time to time. In particular, Wooden Twist may, at its sole discretion, introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Platform. In such an event, Wooden Twist reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the fee policy shall be posted on the Platform and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Platform. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees (INR) and payable to Wooden Twist. You shall be solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws for making payments to Wooden Twist. You hereby agree that Wooden Twist shall have the right to set off any amounts due and payable by You to Wooden Twist against any payments due from Wooden Twist to You.
GST /Taxes: You are responsible for paying all fees associated with the use of the Platform and charges collected in respect of such usage. You agree to bear any and all applicable taxes, charges, cesses levied thereon (including CGST+SGST/IGST/CGST+UGST and GST cess as may be applicable to the transaction).
1. A seller agrees that Wooden Twist may offer to provide express remittance to eligible sellers as per payments settlement policy. Express Remittance shall be subject to RBI Intermediary Guidelines and arrangements/directions of the nodal bank. Wooden Twist, at its sole discretion, may make such an offer to eligible sellers and the same shall not be construed as a right but only as a privilege. Eligible sellers understand that Wooden Twist reserves the right to withdraw Express Remittance at any time for any violation of the ToU or Wooden Twist's policies and/or failure by the eligible sellers to maintain or comply with the parameters as may be decided by Wooden Twist from time to time.
A seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of a seller. Furthermore, the seller shall ensure that invoices state ‘Powered by Wooden Twist’ and failing to do so, a seller shall be liable to chargebacks (as applicable).
3. In case of any chargebacks levied by the bank, Wooden Twist shall have the right to deduct such chargebacks from seller remittances, present and future, and a seller’s only remedy will be to discuss and resolve the same with the bank. A seller hereby agrees to extend full co-operation in resolving the chargeback disputes raised by a buyer through the bank and shall provide necessary documentation regarding the transaction to the complete satisfaction of the bank. In case the chargeback is ruled against a seller, Wooden Twist shall be entitled and authorized to recover the same from the seller to its fullest extent and the bank’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard. In the event Wooden Twist has made any excess payment to the seller inadvertently, such excess payments shall be set-off from any future payments payable by Wooden Twist to the seller.
4. Wooden Twist may delay notifying the payment confirmation, i.e. informing the seller to dispatch if Wooden Twist deems suspicious or a buyer conducts high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the transaction and transaction price. In addition, Wooden Twist may hold transaction price and not inform seller to dispatch or remit transaction price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to a buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event of a buyer being engaged in any form of illegal activity.
5. Sellers acknowledge that Wooden Twist will not be liable for any damages, interests, claims etc. resulting from not processing a transaction/transaction price or any delay in processing a transaction/transaction price that is beyond the control of Wooden Twist.
6. Wooden Twist shall make payments into the bank account provided by a seller during the seller registration process. Once Wooden Twist has made payments into such a bank account number, Wooden Twist shall be discharged of any/all liabilities towards the seller and the seller shall not be eligible for any claims whatsoever.
Compliance with Laws:
1.Seller shall sign an undertaking stating that they have obtained and will continue to maintain in force all the necessary licenses, permissions, authorizations, and permits needed to distribute, market, supply and sell the [*] (“Products”) on www.woodentwist.com under applicable
laws, from time to time, including, the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, Food safety and standards (licensing and registration of food business), Regulations, 2011 and all applicable legislations under FoodSafety and Standards Regulations, in each case, as amended from time to time. For all times during which the seller may advertise, distribute, market, supply or sell the Products on www.woodentwist.com, the undertaking remains true and correct in all respects. Further, the seller shall immediately notify Wooden Twist, in writing, upon the lapse of the FSSAI License and/or in case of receipt of any order, demand, warrant or document or any regulatory action with respect to the FSSAI License. The seller acknowledges and agrees that Wooden Twist shall be permitted to assign or otherwise furnish the undertaking to any authority or person as may be required for official purposes. Seller shall also comply with the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 and the related rules and regulations while listing products on the platform woodentwist.com. Seller shall be required to enter the mandatory attributes while listing products on the platform (including but not limited to the country of origin of the product) as provided under the Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity Rules and the related amendments.
2. In the event of sale of jewellery, the seller shall provide a hallmark certificate (in accordance with applicable laws) along with the product at the time of delivery. Further, it shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to comply with hallmarking or other similar provisions applicable for the sale of jewellery and Wooden Twist shall not be liable whatsoever for any non-compliance in this regard.
3. In the event of sale of jewellery, Seller shall ensure conducting of buyer KYC in accordance with the prevention of anti-money laundering laws and other applicable laws. Wooden Twist hereby disclaims any responsibility for conducting Buyer KYC.
4. Seller shall comply with all laws and regulations applicable, including but not limited to anti-money laundering (including ‘know your customer’ and ‘customer due diligence’), and economic sanctions laws and regulations. Neither party will engage in a transaction pursuant to this ToU that will cause the other party to violate such regulations.
5. Seller shall ensure that no products are sourced or used in the manufacturing or in the provision of services which originate wholly or in part, from any of the prohibited countries stated in the ‘OFAC Regulations and Other Applicable Sanctions Regulations’.
6. If and to the extent that you collect, access, use, store, record, or otherwise process (collectively “Process”) any personally identified or identifiable information such as name, age, gender, email address, physical address, phone number, in any form that can be linked to a specific individual (“Personal Information”) received by you from or on behalf of Wooden Twist (or any Wooden Twist group company) employees, contractors, users, partners, or other third parties or otherwise obtained in connection with performing your obligations under this ToU (“Wooden Twist's Personal Information"), you agree to:
comply with applicable data protection laws, rules and regulations governing the collection, use, protection, breach notification, retention, disclosure of Personal Information including but not limited to Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (“Applicable Data Protection Law”), including any requirements applicable to storage or cross-border transfer of Personal Information outside India;
keep and maintain all Wooden Twist's Personal Information in strict confidence and the obligation to protect Personal Information shall survive in perpetuity; and
process Wooden Twist's Personal Information solely to fulfil Your obligations under this ToU and not sell, rent, trade, lease, use for its own advertisement or marketing purposes, or otherwise make an unauthorized disclosure of Wooden Twist's Personal Information to any third party.
8. You undertake sole and exclusive responsibility to ensure that the products you want to list on woodentwist.com for Sales are permissible for such a Sale and are not prohibited or restricted per one or many conditions imposed by the extant laws of the land, Wooden Twist's Prohibited and Restricted Items Policy, or other Wooden Twist policies/Indian Laws.
9. Products must adhere to the legal metrology laws and Indian Labelling requirements by ensuring that the indicated weights and measurement indicated in the products and/or its components are commensurate with the mandatory and legal requirements of the same which make the product and/or components accurate, authentic and secure for consumption/utilisation by the customer. Wooden Twist does not assume any responsibility for the proceedings undertaken by an aggrieved customer/consumer against the seller in the event of a non-adherence. However, in the event of a complaint from a consumer/customer, the seller is obligated to answer queries on the non-adherence to the Legal Metrology Laws, failing which Wooden Twist can temporarily/indefinitely suspend/terminate/block/with-hold your account at its own discretion.