Choose the right rug size
Rugs products come with a seller warranty of up to 24 months against manufacturing defects depending upon the construction (weaving) of the rug as below -
Hand Knotted, Tibetan, Patchwork - 24 Months
Hand Tufted, Handloom, Flat weave, Shags, Hand-woven - 6 Months
Defects outside product warranty entitlement
- Shedding, which can be reduced by vacuuming the rug at low power mode at least once a week
- Occasional sprouting pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Color and texture changes due to the use of natural fibers and dyes or prolonged exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, or certain atmospheric gases
- Rolling marks can disappear with routine vacuuming
- Matting and crushing in rugs, which can be minimized by proper maintenance of the rug
- Rugs recently removed from a bag may have odor which can dissipate by placing the rug (back side up) in direct sunlight for 24 hours
RUG MATERIAL GUIDE
- As rugs are shipped in a sealed bag, odors from dyes and fibers can accumulate over time. Unroll your rug and allow it to air out.
- Lay flat or rolling the rug with the pile facing outwards and the wrinkles will disappear in a few days
- Regular vacuuming is recommended, especially for rugs prone to shredding.
- Don’t rub stains as it can cause them to become set in the fiber, rather blot them with an undyed clean cloth by pressing firmly to absorb as much as possible.
- Professional rug cleaning is recommended.
- Place in dry, well-ventilated area.
- Never fold the rug, store your rug by rolling its front side out and wrap in a cloth for protection.
- Rotating the rug will extend the life of the rug.
RUG PAD/ RUG PROTECTOR:
- Use rug protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening rug piles.
- Use rug pad beneath your area rug. It offers a shielding wall between the rug and the floor beneath.